Saturday, November 26, 2016
“Shop the Neighbourhood” is a FREE national initiative of Yellow Pages, which supports small businesses and reminds Canadians how local shopping makes a difference in all our lives. The BIA encourages businesses in Exeter to participate.
- Each participating business is asked to load an “event deal,” which can be a percentage off purchase, a gift with purchase, an incentive coupon – tailor your deal to what works best for your business.
- Participating businesses and their deals will be promoted for FREE on the YP Shopwise app.
Joint Event Marketing:
National event media coverage, advertising and social media (courtesy of Yellow Pages) + Exeter-specific promotion:
- Digital sign event advertising
- Mention in a news release sent to local media
- Mention on experienceexeter.ca
- Social media promotion
- E-blasts to BIA and Chamber email lists
- Community calendar listings
- Participating businesses listed on experienceexeter.ca
Mid-November 2016 (exact date TBC)
Register online. If you have trouble, please contact Shop the Neighbourhood directly: email@example.com or at 1-844-YP-LOCAL.
+ Please also confirm participation and your special offer by emailing the BIA Manager, NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 18, 2016!
- Receive additional complimentary swag (bags, balloons, etc.)
- Have your special offers listed on experienceexeter.ca. Items will not be loaded to the website until 2 days before the event (November 24, 2016).
How YOU can help promote the event!
As a BIA, we rely on EVERYONE to help promote the event. The more hype we can collectively create, the better the event will be for all!
Here’s some simple things that you can do to spread the word:
- In-store promotion
- Signage (ie. sandwich boards)
- Social media
- E-blasts to your mailing list
+ PLUS don’t forget to use #ShoptheHood + #ExeterON + #ExperienceExeter